Friday, September 3, 2010

I'll Be Workin' From Sun Up To Midnight

Vintage-inspired Sunglasses - Walmart ($5)
Black Boyfriend Blazer - GAP ($20)
Gray Pinstripe Sheath - Merona via Goodwill ($7)
Black Leather Belt - GAP, gift
Silver Dome Ring - H&M ($3)
Black Suede Flats - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters ($6)

So yesterday, my nephew got a virus on his brand new laptop that he's only had for about two months. Since I am the most tech savvy of my family (not that that's saying much), I was given the job of fixing the computer. It took me until 1 am to finally fix the darn thing; theoretically 1 am isn't that late, but when you have to get up at 6 am the next day, it's pretty terrible.
Therefore, this morning when I was getting dressed I had very little desire to be creative. The result: a pretty straightforward ensemble in a go-to neutral palette. As I left my house I felt fairly boring and predictable, but reflecting on it, I think it was a good choice. I felt super professional all day, and, now that I think about it, I very well could have been inspired by the suiting in the fall J. Crew catalog. All I'm missing is some stockings and well-heeled oxfords.

Anyway, as nice I may have thought I looked all day, there was nothing better than changing into sweat pants and a t-shirt the moment I got home. After a much needed nap, I had a movie night with my friend J. We watched two of my favorites: I Could Never Be Your Woman (criminally under-watched but so cute Michelle Pfeiffer/Paul Rudd rom-com) and All About Steve (criminally underrated but so hilarious Sandra Bullock film). Add in some amazing Thai food and some dreamy coconut milk ice cream and you've got yourself a night! Just exactly what I needed to end the week on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails