Thursday, September 23, 2010

If Ya'll Fresh To Death, Then I'm Deceased

I feel pretty lame when I always talk about the weather to start out my posts, but I can't help it! The weather plays a big role in what I decide to wear each day, and this week has been kind of a doozy. On Tuesday, I spent the morning with my friend K and we were pretty much freezing - at least, as freezing as one might get in Hermosa Beach within the low 60s. That's equivalent to winter for us. While I was dressed appropriately, K was wearing only sandals and a flippy little summer skirt, so she was feeling the bulk of the cold. So you can understand my situation, here is what I wore Tuesday:
Red Cable Knit Sweater - Vintage, Goodwill ($2)
Gold Spectacles Necklace - Forever 21 ($3)
Wool Houndstooth Pencil Skirt - Vintage, Rose Bowl Flea Market ($5)
Checked Black Tights - Some place, ages ago
Black Lace-up Boots - Dolce Vita for Target ($26)

Basically, I had put on my cold weather finest. I bought this skirt last winter, and though it's never been featured on the blog, it's a favorite of mine. I was so glad it had cooled down so I could finally pull it out of my closet again. I always feel put together and ladylike when I wear it, so it was a good day.

Flash-forward to today. Sunny skies and highs in the 80s - yes, I said 80s. My fall/winter outfit dreams went straight out the window, as I had to dress for what is surely to be the start of our Indian summer in these here parts.
Tan Cardigan - Mossimo, Target, ages ago
Green Death Cab T-shirt - Street Scene 2005
Skinny Yellow Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
Peach Linen Pencil Skirt - Worthington, Goodwill ($2)
Brown Leather Peep-toes - Thom McAnn, Kmart ($5)

I think it's kind of funny that, although I'm clearly dressed for different climes, I essentially have the same silhouette. Sweater, shirt, pencil skirt. Seems that's become my uniform of sorts. Either way, it was pretty crazy feeling like it was summer weather wise, but having to spend the whole day inside at work :( Maybe I'll get some fun-in-the-sun time over the weekend.

In the meantime, I will leave you all with the super cheery video for my go-to summer anthem "Surprise Hotel" by Fool's Gold. Even if you're weather's not as temperate as it is here, you can imagine it's still summer wherever you are. In a perfect world, I would've gone to see Fool's Gold at the Troubadour tonight, but alas, it was not to be (I am so dramatic, I know). At least I can watch the video and dream of the next time they grace their hometown of L.A. with their presence. Then I will DEFINITELY see them.

8 comments:

  1. I admire your "uniform" and that you check the weather report before you leave. I tend to be pleasantly surprised. I don't think I've checked the weather report in a year or so, since I stopped reading my horoscope before leaving the house (this used to be a must lol). Now I dont' have time to turn on my computer. --''' Should though, although in the office it tends to always be a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the studded oxfords and the ballet flats from the DV for Target collection and I absolutely love them!! Oh and I thought those boots were $34 - did you get them on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm pretty sure when I ordered them online Target had all the boots on sale, so they were marked down to $29.99. Plus, I got an additional 20% off since I bought two pairs of boots at the same time. I really am anti-pleather when it comes to boots, but these ones are perfect. It's good to know the rest of the collection is good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the death cab for cutie outfit! You look fabulous!

    bubbs
    www.paris-on-my-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks! You're too sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colorful wardrobe! These outfits are so much fun. The mixture of your ladylike sweater and skirt with the badass boots is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thnx for the comment :) i love your boots they are FAB!

    http://proprpostur.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want those boots! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails