Saturday, September 11, 2010

All Is Well

Cream Wool Sweater - The Limited via Goodwill
White Cropped Tank Top - Some random store years ago
Purple Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
Peach Linen Pencil Skirt - Vintage, Goodwill ($2)
White Patent Sandals - Predictions, Payless ($7)

Not much to say for today. I wore this outfit expecting warm weather, but it never really happened. In fact, I probably could have wore some boots and nobody would've even given me a second glance. Of course, the one day I try to dress appropriately for the weather report that's the thanks I get.

I spent last night reading a bunch of fashion magazines and in People StyleWatch there was a great little piece on organizing your closet. It inspired me so much that I spent much of this afternoon re-organizing my closet. As you all might imagine, I have a ton of clothes so it was bit of an ordeal.

How do you all keep your things organized? I am constantly purging my clothes and shoes of items I don't use/want, but I still never seem to have any space. So today I attempted to maximize the space, and I even took to some photos so you all can see what I am dealing with.

I have one long closet on one wall of my bedroom where I keep all my blazers, dresses, rompers, sweaters and skirts hung up. I attempt to keep them all sort of organized by color, but it only lasts for so long.
dresses, rompers, tunics, sweatshirts, blazers, trenchcoats

sweaters, dresses

skirts, blouses, sweaters

I used to keep my tights tied to hangers and hung up in my closet, but it just took up too much space that could be used for clothes. So now I keep them in a plastic box underneath my dresses. I keep my scarves in a larger box in the same place.

Beneath my skirts in that same closet I have a big wicker chest that I keep my pants in. It's a little bizarre the amount of jeans/pants/shorts that I own, considering that I rarely wear them.
My shoes are also kept in this same closet, but on a shelf above the hanging items. First there are my flats, which I treat poorly, and just kind of stack together in a semi-color coded fashion. They're the shoes I wear the most so they constantly get disorganized.
Next are my sneakers. Again, these are rarely worn, but I can't bear to part with them.
Converse, Vans, Puma, Nike

Then there are my heels. They are the main attraction so I store each pair in a clear plastic box. These days, if I buy a new pair of heels, I try to purge some other pair from my rotation. At least then I can justify the purchase.
Lastly, there are my boots. They've only recently come out of storage and are currently taking up this corner of my floor, but are sometimes on the floor of the closet. Only God knows where I'll be putting the two new pairs of boots I just bought.
Ralph Lauren, Charlotte Russe, Zigi Girl, Banana Republic

The final thing I organized was my jewelry. I don't wear tons of jewelry, but I do kind of have a lot. I keep my earrings/rings/bracelets in this hanging organizer that's in my closet. Pretty self-explanatory.
I hang my necklaces on a tie rack that I spray painted. It keeps them untangled and makes for nice decoration.
That's all I got to today. I still haven't braved my bureau which contains all my socks, underwear, sleepwear, casual shirts (including a full-length drawer of just concert tees!), belts and soft hats. Besides that there are my other hats (fedoras, cloches, etc.), sunglasses and purses. Maybe I'll get to that stuff next weekend. Any of you trying to streamline your closets? Let me know if you've got any tips; I can definitely use the help.

3 comments:

  1. Nice~ I've also been trying to reorganize my closet and streamline my wardrobe. I started a wardrobe project which I'm not really close to finishing yet, but basically it's to take stock of how many of each pieces I have (i.e. cardigans, jeans, etc.) and in this way at least know what I have. It looks like you have this under control already. I wish I could organize all my little things as you do, but it's very difficult when you don't live alone...I also tend to keep my jewelry in plastic bags so that they do not have chemical reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord! All my clothes are just that first picture! lol I guess it takes that much to dress as cute as you do everyday. I have got to be more creative in my wardrobe. You are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I definitely have way too many clothes. But I take a little solace in the fact that I am extra thrifty so all the clothes I have don't come with a hefty price tag. That has to count for something, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails