Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All The Girls Want Hot-N-Fun

White Linen Blazer - Sears ($7)
Captain's Wheel Romper - Anthropologie, Gift
White Bike Shorts - Random mall store ($3)
Clear Jelly Sandals - GAP ($6)
Black & White Leather ID bracelets - Disneyland ($10 each)

Finally we're getting some serious heat out here! 90 degrees by the beach is always a reason to celebrate. That means I have finally been able to wear all the summery outfits I had hoped to use ages ago. All the rompers I've purchased over the last six months have been in heavy rotation for the past week. This one is actually a little on the short side, so I like to wear bike shorts underneath for a little more modesty. The extra layer makes going to the bathroom quite an ordeal, however. Anything for fashion I suppose.


Since this is still officially vacation time, I've really been doing nothing of purpose. Reading, going to the beach, seeing tons of movies, shopping (ideally not for me!) - pretty much the life I wish I could always have. Yesterday I went to Santa Monica with my friend R to see a movie and do some shopping. We saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and it was everything I hoped it would be. I am a HUGE comic book and video game geek. Plus, I love Michael Cera so it really was the trifecta for me. If that's your sort of thing, I highly recommend it. The next movie on my list is The Switch. Jason Bateman is another huge comic crush of mine, so I've got high hopes for that movie.
As you'll all recall, I'm not supposed to be buying any clothes for a month. Two weeks have passed so far, but yesterday in Santa Monica was my breaking point. I fully intended to only help R find clothes or maybe pick up some back to school stuff for my nephew, but I broke down and bought a pair of jeans at H&M. Did you know all jeans are $10 off at H&M right now? I know it'll sound like I'm making excuses (which I am), but I currently do not own one pair of regular blue jeans (excluding jeggings). I got a super comfy pair for just $10 and it was the only clothing item I bought all day! Forgive me?

On the bright side, I recently was gifted $50 gift cards for both Target and Kohl's. While I'm not exactly a huge Kohl's fan, I figure using the gift cards should tide me over so I can continue for the next couple of weeks with my clothing strike. All of this is in an effort for me to stem my ever increasing credit card debt, so gift cards are fair game. Here's hoping I'll be able to exert a bit more self-control as I take my nephew back-to-school shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails