Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Too Late to Apologize

I don't even know where the past seven days have gone. I mean, I don't really feel like I'm busy, but I guess I am given that I haven't even attempted to upload any of the outfit photos I took of myself last week. Well, better late than never, right? Right. So here are a couple outfits I've worn.
Red Crew Neck Tee - GAP
Black Double Buckle Belt - Forever 21
Red Abstract Print Skirt - NY&Co.
Black Wedge Heels - Aerosoles, Kohl's

So I believe this is what I wore last Friday. I had only 20 minutes to get dressed, so this is what I came up with. It never fails that whenever I just throw something together at random, I always get the most compliments from people (and my toe nail polish even matches!). Even though I felt kind of frumpy and ho-hum, other people seemed to like this outfit so it couldn't have been as lame as I thought it was.
Vintage Inspired Sunglasses - Walmart ($5!)
Gold Wings Necklace - My grandmother's
Black Polkadot Romper - By Corpus, Urban Outfitters ($10!)
Black Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center
Black T-strap Flats - Wanted, Ross

While last Sunday was still lukewarm at best, I got to finally break in some summer shorts because my friends and I hit up the Rose Bowl Flea Market out in Pasadena. It was blazing hot out there, which explains the lovely sheen my forehead is sporting in this photo since it was taken after I'd arrived home. There were a ton of clothes there for bargain basement prices, but I was a good girl and only shopped for things I really needed. In the end, that meant a brown purse, a gigantic bow necklace and a dress for my mom. The purse and necklace should be making their debuts shortly.


Ooh, on a happy side note, this week is already shaping up to be superb. This morning I woke up to find no more marine layer! At 6:45 am it was all blue skies and sunshine, so I am hoping that summer has finally hit the beach and I will no longer be depressed by overcast gloominess.

Also, I've got a concert coming up this week! I am going with my cousin and some friends of mine to see La Roux at Club Nokia on Thursday. I've loved her for ages, and now that she's blowing up stateside with "Bulletproof" the show has sold out, so I am certain it's going to be awesome. I've got a whole outfit planned out, so pictures are sure to come.

That's not all my fun though. On Saturday I'm going with my best bud J and her daughters to see In The Heights at the Pantages. You all know what a musical geek I am, so I have been dying to see this show ever since I heard they were doing a limited engagement in L.A. I am extra psyched, especially since the show's creator (and original actor for the lead role) will be starring in the L.A. shows. I haven't been to a real show in a real theater in ages, so I'm definitely going to use it as an excuse to get dressed up. I believe sequins will be involved.

Anywho, forgive me for being MIA, and I leave you with something that never fails to entertain me: La Roux's ridiculous video for "I'm Not Your Toy." Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails