Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Time Keeps Dragging On

Black Sunglasses - H&M ($6)
Black/White Striped Tee - Divided, H&M ($5)
Black Leather Skirt - GAP via Goodwill ($6!)
Silver Connector Ring - Urban Outfitters ($5!)

Don't I look so serious in this photo? And add to it that I'm standing in an alley, and I seem downright hard. Many of you may be wondering why I, in the middle of summer, would wear such a dark, decidedly un-summery outfit. Well, the reason is that the weather out here has sucked big time lately. While everyone everywhere else seems to be enduring insane heatwaves and sunshiny wonderfull-ness (not a word, I know), at the beach June gloom has failed to leave.

When I leave in the morning the marine layer is so dense that it almost seems like its raining. I actually have to use my windshield wipers. And it never clears until late afternoon, even then only reaching highs in high 60s. Summer has already been here for nearly three weeks and we have yet to hit 80 degrees here! I am so depressed. Therefore, I embraced this depression by wearing my favorite winter colors and calling it a day.

The only bright spot? My awesome new connector ring you can kind of see in my picture. It's silver, is covered in rhinestones, and has three finger loops - basically the prettiest set of brass knuckles I've ever seen! Besides that, all I can do is pray for some warmer weather.

1 comment:

  1. FOXY! if this is your outfit take on "june gloom" count me in! classic and marvelous :)

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails