Friday, July 16, 2010

Full Stops And Exclamation Marks

I got home much too late last night to do a post on my outfit and the La Roux show. In a nutshell, it was super! Although there were a lot of extenuating circumstances that sort of dampened the evening, like the crazy heat downtown L.A., the sold-out crowd that forced me and my friends to have to show up extra early, and Elly Jackson's being mildly sick, I still think I got my money's worth.

Even sick, Elly managed to sound just like her record and her spastic dance sequences were just as awesome as I expected. She was extra sweet and graciously apologetic for not being 100%, but I was glad she soldiered on and performed instead of canceling a show I'd been looking forward to for months. She performed all the exciting songs from her CD (and a cover of The Rolling Stones' "Under My Thumb"), so by the end I was completely satisfied. I definitely would see her again, given the right ticket price and right size venue.
Cream Blazer - Silence & Noise, Urban Outfitters
Black Knit Jumpsuit - Silence & Noise, Urban Outfitters
Gold Oversize Bow Necklace - Rose Bowl Flea Market ($5!)
Gold Quilted Shoulder Bag - free via clothing swap
Black Cutout Sandals - Kmart

With my outfit I was going for a sort of androgynous femininity ( a la La Roux). Despite the heat, the blazer was a pivotal piece so I just sweat it out for the sake of fashion. Even though at times I kind of felt like a waiter, I did like the ensemble, particularly for it's comfort. What was not comfy was my shoes! In moderation, these sandals have never given me any issues, but after standing for 5 hours (!) my feet felt like they were going to fall off. Usually I forgo fashion for comfort at concerts, but I made an exception for this show; after experiencing foot pain like no other, I think I'll be back to my flats and sneakers for my next show.


Officially, I don't have another concert on the horizon, but I'm hoping to see Fool's Gold in October, provided I can persuade my cousin to come with. Also, tonight I'm going to see In The Heights at the Pantages Theater. I'm planning to dress up so expect an outfit post tomorrow!

I'll leave you with some shaky video of La Roux owning "Colourless Colour" last night:

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous! The blazer is so couture. I like the cut out sandals too. I can't believe you got them at kmart. I tried to swap for a pair like those at http://shoeswappers.com but the other person didn't want my black heels.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails