Thursday, July 1, 2010

Can Your Friends Do This?

So Disney fever has truly swept my friends and family this past week. Since I'm the resident Disneyphile, I am always the go-to adult to take kids to Disneyland. What that means is that I've gone to the happiest place on earth twice in the past 72 hours! Crazy, I know.
Clear Mirrored Wayfarers - Hermosa Craft Fair, gift from friend
Vampire Weekend t-shirt - V.W. concert
Silver Sparkly Tank top - Charlotte Russe
Denim Shorts - Forever 21
Black Flip-flops - Volcom
Red World of Color bracelet - California Adventure, gift from nephew

On Monday, I took my three oldest nephews to the park. I dressed for summer heat in the O.C., but the marine layer was extra thick so it didn't really get warm until the late afternoon. We woke up extra early and got there by 9 am. As a result, I was able to get them to leave at 4 pm. That was pretty much the earliest I've ever left Disneyland, and it was a good thing we left then because all three boys were knocked out the moment we got into the car.
Sunglasses - H&M, borrowed from my cousin
Teal Striped Tee - Divided, H&M ($5!)
White Denim Cutoffs - Levi's, Ross
White Gladiator Sandals - GAP
Black Patent Purse - Gryson for Target via Goodwill

Yesterday, I took my friend J's twin teenage daughters to Disneyland. We didn't get there until 1:30 pm, but we also didn't leave until midnight. Why would we stay so long? Because we desperately wanted to see the new "World of Color" show at California Adventure. Not sure if people in other states or parts of the world have heard of "World of Color," but it's a brand new water and light show at the CA park, and it is practically impossible to see. You have to get to the park extra early to get a fastpass ticket that gets you priority seating, and even with that ticket you still have to wait in line for 45 minutes before the show actually starts.

When we got there at 1:30 pm, we just barely managed to get tickets for the final 11:15 pm showing, which is why we had to hang out at the park until so late. Frankly, we didn't do much in the park yesterday other than eat (ice cream sundaes in California Adventure and superb garlic fries in Disneyland's New Orleans Square). Heck, we even left the park to go see a movie in downtown Disney (Grown Ups - hilarious, by the way.) But in the end, it was totally worth it because "World of Color" is A-MAZING! Even if you are not a Disney freak like me, I highly recommend seeing it - the water, the lights, the music, it's just too good to miss. Here's a bootleg video I took of a particularly moving section of the show:

And don't worry - my Disneyland pass is blocked out for the entire month of July, so this will be the last of my Disney-obsessed posts for a while.

1 comment:

  1. cute photos !!! : )

    http://jozefinafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails