Monday, June 7, 2010

We Got It On Lock

Gold Aviators - Target
White Linen Boyfriend Blazer - Sharagano Signature, Sears ($7.50!)
Floral Tunic Tank - Divided, H&M
Pull-On Jeans - Silence & Noise, Urban Outfitters
Brown Leather Wedges - Aldo via Goodwill

Does anyone else have that new Katy Perry song "California Gurls" stuck in their head? I mean, sure, I'm probably a little biased since I actually am a "California girl," but it's just so dang catchy I can't stop singing it. But I digress. Today was a quintessential Cali day with blue skies and sunshine once the marine layer burned off. Still, I had to go to work, so I couldn't bust out the cutoff shorts or anything too casual, lest I lose the students respect.
This blazer is the brand new love of my life. When I was working at Urban Outfitters last winter, there was a Silence & Noise white linen blazer I desperately wanted, but the lowest it went on sale for was $40 - too much for my liking. I had pretty much given up hope on finding the right jacket for the right price, but then yesterday I found this equally awesome jacket on the clearance rack at Sears! Originally $50, marked down to $7.49, it's pretty much everything I could hope for. I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of it in the coming months.
On a side note, I have to ask, do any of you fear you may be addicted to shopping? The other day I counted just the dresses in my closet, and the number astounded me. I own 50 dresses alone, and yet half the time I never can figure out what to wear and, if a special occasion arises, I am always the first to buy something new. Now mind you, I am probably also the cheapest person I know, so it's not like my shopping is putting me in debt or anything, but I fear what it means for me consumption-wise.

Does a bargain price justify the purchase, or is there some point where I just need to (wo)man up and stop consuming? The saddest part about all this: I actually bought a new dress today. I love it and it only cost me $6, but when will it end?! This may be something I need to pray about. Other than that, I leave you all with a photo of my nail polish today. I was going for something summery and fun with just a bit of edge, hence the silver.
Oh, I almost forgot! You know what else made me feel like a genuine California girl today? There was an earthquake this morning! It was a pretty minor one (only 3.6), but the center was only 4 miles off the coast of where I live, so it shook enough for me to be jolted out of bed at 2 am. Suffice to say, I didn't exactly rest easy for the rest of the morning, but I'm ok. So for any of you out their resenting the comfortable, mild weather by the beach in L.A., just be happy the ground doesn't move where you live!

3 comments:

  1. that blazer is just the right amount of elegance for a daytime look... love the florals as well :) and if there's a time when one should stop consuming clothing... i haven't hit it yet! everything EVERYTHING i see i feel i can implement into my wardrobe, haha! the bargains make it worth it. i got a dress from nordstrom petite for $20.... marked down from $88!! perfection!

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great blazer, that is an amazing find and an amazing price! Well I'm not so sure when the right to stop consuming is because as the lovely said above I haven't hit it yet, and if there is a bargain to be hard it makes it even harder not to get that one piece that will fit well with my ever expanding wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blazer! I've wanted a light colored one too :3

    And the top looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails