Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today Is Where Your Book Begins

So, anyone else currently overwhelmed by graduation season? I think it kind of goes in waves, but this year I know about 8 kids who are graduating from school (both middle and high school), so this past week has been a blur of grad ceremonies and parties. I've worn a variety of outfits, and while my pictures aren't super, I'll still share them with you.
Black Blazer - GAP
Silver Flower Necklace - Forever 21
Pink Floral Dress - Windsor
Black Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center
Black Peep-toe Heels - Nine West

This is what I wore to my cousin C's middle school promotion on Wednesday. I hadn't originally intended to go, but there was a spare ticket so I had to go straight from work. Then there was a congratulatory early dinner at Cheesecake Factory, as you can see from the lovely take-out bags behind me. Anyone else tried the Red Velvet cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory? To die for. It has about 1500 calories (and God knows how much saturated fat) per slice, but is totally worth it!

Pink Striped Dress - Vintage, Long Beach Flea Market
White Patent Leather Sandals (not pictured) - Predictions, Payless

Yesterday was the graduation of my friend Q's niece. Q is currently in Alaska catering a wedding (awesome, right?), so she couldn't make it to her beloved niece's promotion. Since there was the extra ticket, her niece asked me to go, and who I am to reject a young girl's plea? It was blazing hot for the outdoor ceremony, but I made it through. No full outfit photo, but I've worn this dress before in pretty much the exact same way, so not much to see here.

White Linen Blazer - Sears
Silver/Black Romper - Lucca Couture, Urban Outfitters ($13!)
White Flats - Qupid, borrowed from cousin

Lastly, I wore this ensemble to a combined graduation party for three girls tonight. It was nothing major, just some music and a lot of food, so I went for pulled-together casual. I intended to take an outfit photo inside the party, but forgot, so we're stuck with this dim parking lot pic. I got this romper last
winter, back when I was still working at Urban. This is the first time I wore it, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I think it was way more leg than most of my friends are used to seeing from me, but they got over it.

Seriously though, I've still got one more graduation party (for three kids!) to go to next month. Buying all these people graduation gifts is starting to break the bank! Just kidding. Sort of.

1 comment:

  1. Love the last outfit! Very summery and your legs deserve some exposure ;D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails