Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Does It Feel Cold Baby?

Black Blazer - GAP
Black Lace Top - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center
Grey Bodysuit (under lace top) - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters
Black Distressed Skinny Jeans - BDG, Urban Outfitters
Black Flats - Kinchi Blue, Urban Outfitters

Answer: yes it kind of does feel cold. June gloom is in full effect here by the beach, so every day when I wake up I have to decide if I want to dress for the cool, foggy morning or the warm afternoon. Today I opted to dress for the damp morning, hence all the layers and black. Not my most summery outfit, but I did spend most of my time indoors (shopping at the mall), so I didn't feel too out of place.

Despite my borderline goth appearance today, I totally scored some lovely summer staples while I was shopping today. I know I don't need any clothes, so lately when I go shopping I only look for (and purchase) specific items that I really want. I found two such items today - a striped shirt and white jeans. Here's me trying them on in my house mere minutes ago:
Teal Striped Tee -Divided, H&M ($5!)
White Distressed Skinny Jeans - Old Navy ($7!)

Now I NEVER thought I would be a "white jeans" person, but I've been seeing them all over style magazines and blogs, so I couldn't resist. I know it takes a brave person to wear them since they are probably the least flattering color for jeans, but I just don't care. They're so crisp and summery and I can think of a million ways to wear them. Plus, the price was right.

Everyone's been doing the nautical trend for a while now, so I am always on the lookout for a cheap striped tee. This one from H&M was a great deal, and I love that it's teal instead of a more traditional color. I also appreciate the slouchy style of it and am certain it will soon be one of my favorite shirts.

Lastly, I also finally joined the denim shirt club! Here's me trying to look cool in it:
Chambray Shirt - GAP ($7!)

Ever since chambray became the designated fabric for this summer I've been searching for a reasonably priced shirt. I saw this one at the GAP months ago, but didn't want to pay $40 for it. Well, they were having a super sale (an additional 40% off all markdowns), and I got the same shirt I'd been coveting for a measly $7! I can't say that I'll be wearing it tucked into my white jeans as a rule, but I felt brave in the safety of my own house.

What about you guys? Any summer trends you've got a good deal on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails