Friday, May 28, 2010

Thank God It's Friday Night

Navy Blue Jersey Dress - Mossimo, Target
Blue Stripe Canvas & Leather Belt - Express, Thrifted
Gold Quilted Chain Strap Purse - Giani Bernini, Free from clothes swap
Brown Leather Peep-toe Heels - Thom McAnn, Kmart

Want to know why I am so grateful it's Friday night? Not because I have awesome plans tonight but because I am just so glad this crazy hectic week is finally over and I can just sit in my house and watch whatever has been stored in my TiVo. It's rather pathetic, I know, but I really can't imagine anything more wonderful than that right now.

But first things first. Today's outfit was kind of sailor inspired, but also had more to do with me wanting to wear something comfy and easy. This dress is the definition of comfy and easy. I've had it for years, and I hope to have it for years to come. I am also wearing my awesome captain's wheel earrings I picked up at the flea market a couple months ago, but I didn't get a detail shot.
So while everyone and their mother has been all about the clog these past few months, I, for one, have been slow to jump on the bandwagon. I have issues with shoe trends because I hate to spend a ton of money on a trendy shoe that will be obsolete by next year. That is why I firmly believe in thrifting, since I can get trendy pieces without the trendy price. So, behold the clog sandals I purchased to day (excuse the poor pic, but it is from my cell phone):
They are brown leather Aldo platform sandals and are in like new condition. I paid $7 for them at Goodwill. I wore them for a couple hours this afternoon and they were pretty comfy. They also (due to the 5" heel and the fact that the leather is almost exactly the same color as my skin) make my legs look ridiculously long. In other words, I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails