Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Don't Worry, Just Breathe

Cat's Eye Sunglasses - Discount Store in NYC
Striped Blazer - Old Navy
Black Lace Blouse - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center
Bow Necklace - Tilly's Outlet
Gray Jersey Pencil Skirt - Uniqlo
Blue Flats - Xhiliration, Target

A whole week and no posts? I know, I've really fallen of the blogging wagon. Not on purpose though! I got back from New York last week and then last weekend I went out of town again, this time to visit some friends in San Diego. Excuses, excuses. Anyway, I'm back home now and fighting a little cold. First was the sore throat (yesterday) and now that's gone, but a stuffy nose has taken it's place. I can't afford to be sick so I'm fighting it like a champ!

One reason I can't get sick: I'm training for a 5k run in July! Now, I'm sure for most people a 5k wouldn't require that much effort but I have never run that far in my whole life. In school, I would walk the mile because I was incapable of running and that B in P.E. always wrecked my otherwise stellar GPA. These days I do think I am relatively fit, but I am still not a runner.

Last Saturday I ran for the first time. I did 1.6 miles in 14 minutes, and, most importantly, I didn't pass out. As lame as that may be, I was pretty proud of myself. Now I just have to work my way up to 3.2 miles and then I'll be golden.

On a side note, I am in love with this pencil skirt I got at the Uniqlo store in Soho. It's soft and comfy like sweatpants, but still a professional piece. It only cost $10.50 and now I am hating myself for not picking up the other two colors when I had the chance. Oh well, just another reason for me to head back to NYC sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. Love your skirt~ good luck on the 5k, I would love to do that~
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pencil skirt! I've been looking for a good one and that's a deal!

    ...Eh, I know what you mean about running. I'm amazed with your goal *-*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails