Monday, April 19, 2010

A Walking Talking Question Mark

Anyone else got the Monday blues? I had them bad this morning when I headed out to work. Fortunately, it was a slow day in the writing center and my 10:00 am class was all but canceled, so not much was expected of me this morning. I guess that's how everyone feels after a week of spring break - reluctant to return to the daily grind.
Clear/Gold Bead Necklace - New York & Company ($3)
Yellow T-shirt - Wet Seal ($2)
Red Linen Pencil Skirt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($3)
Navy Wedge Loafers - BC via Ross

So this outfit is not actually what I wore today. I t-shirt-and-jeaned it up today and felt no desire to take a photo. This is what I wore Saturday to run errands and then do a little thrifting with my mom. Despite scouring the racks for hours, I only came back with a black lace shirt ($3).


Still, that was okay because on Sunday I hit up the Long Beach Flea Market with my friend Grace and got some really great things. I got four vintage dresses for just $20! They should be making appearances soon. Then I found some super cute dangly anchor earrings for $3.
And I also bought something I've been trying to find for ages - sweater clips! Have you ever seen them? They are two clips joined by a chain that you clip to cardigans for decoration. I'm pretty sure most people see them as a little old lady-ish, but I love them. I'd been trying to buy some on eBay, but, as always, it pained me to pay for shipping. I snagged these beauties for just $5.
A pretty productive morning at the flea market. Really though, I should be trying to save money since I will be heading to New York in just a couple of weeks. While I was supposed to go with a big group of friends, the plans ended up falling through, but since I already have my ticket I'm just going to go it alone. I'll be there May 5-11. Any suggestions for what I should see or do (other than shopping) while in NYC? I'm open to pretty much anything.

3 comments:

  1. those are some pretty earrings and a lovely sweater clip. Also been looking for one but still haven't found any that I just love :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score on those earrings! They kind of go with that outfit. Shoes make it look sailor style. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving these primary colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails