Friday, April 30, 2010

Visions Are Seldom What They Seem

Black Sunglasses - Guess by Marciano (prescription)
Silver Bow Necklace - H&M
Pink Pinstriped Dress - Vintage, LB Flea Market
White Studded Flats - Soda, random mall store
Slurpee :) - 7-Eleven

Such a lovely day. And yes that is a gigantic Iron Man 2 Slurpee in my hand. Ruins the illusion sort of, doesn't it? What can I say, I have a weakness for Slurpees and Superheroes. But that's for another day. For the record, last night's Jamie Lidell concert - amazing. He's like Sly Stone mixed with Otis Redding trapped in Adam Levine's body with a British accent to boot. So I am officially in love. I may do a full post on the concert later (it could involve sequin shorts!).

In other news, the dress I wore today is one of my flea market finds from my last trip. I love the cut of it and the heft of the material and the pale pink color. A steal at $5 for sure. And it was entirely appropriate attire for me as I finally watched An Education today with my cousin. I'd been dying to see the film in theaters, but could never find anyone to go with me. So finally today I rented it.

While it wasn't as great as I expected (no satisfactory/believable conclusion), the costumes were a dream. Every dress Carey Mulligan made me swoon. I just want to wear beautiful dresses everywhere from now on. Now I want to go shopping. Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your dress a million times over! It's so great to find something that fits and you love instantly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails