Tuesday, April 27, 2010

There's No Need To Rush

Tan Trench Coat - GAP
Floral Print Scarf - H&M (Spain)
Floral Print Sundress - Worthington, Sears
Black/Beige Gladiator Sandals - Simply Vera, Kohl's

To heel or not to heel? That is my question. It has to come to my attention that, while I love high heels as much as the next girl (my closet can attest to that), in my day-to-day life, I don't really wear them. I realize this is the case mostly because the majority of my time is spent doing a lot of walking, and I have always valued comfort over fashion.

Still, I pride myself in only buying/wearing shoes that are comfortable. So since even my heels are (relatively) comfortable, how come I don't wear them more often? Who knows. But I've started spending a lot more time with my friend N (we are flea market buddies), and she ALWAYS wears heels. And that's even with an energetic toddler son that she frequently has to chase down. Her example has inspired me, and that is why today I wore heels out and about, instead of my usual flats.
Surprisingly enough, there were no incidents. I took it one step at a time, didn't stumble once and my feet felt fine by the end of the day. However, my petite (5'1") friend K did call me an Amazon woman, but that's alright. She was the Pygmy to my Amazon today.

In other news, tomorrow I am hitting up the Carlsbad Outlets with my friend J and her twin daughters. As is often the case, I have no reason to go shopping, but when has that ever stopped me?! Nevertheless, I do vow to only purchase items that I are on my list and that I absolutely love. Here's hoping I don't break the bank!

1 comment:

  1. Those heels are too cute. I wish I wore heels more often but I am already 6 foot tall. Sometimes I don't like the extra attention another 3 inches gives me. I have yet to fully embrace my height!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails