Monday, April 12, 2010

It Rains When Your Here

Black Bow Cloche - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters
Purple Cardigan - Canyon River Blues, Sears
White Sleeveless Dress - Patagonia, via Goodwill
Black Patent Belt - Ross
Black Patent Oxfords - Coconuts, Marshall's

So I was running late this morning and really just put on the first thing I could grab. Not my most inspired outfit, but it was the best I could do. While I was certain I was done with black opaque tights since spring is finally here, it rained all morning so I figured I could get away with my winter staple for another day.
I also had something else to thank the rain for today. When I woke up this morning, as soon as I put my feet on the floor my entire foot was soaking wet. Given the rain last night, I assumed there was a leak in my ceiling. Nope, that would be too simple. Instead, I realized the leak was actually IN MY FLOOR! While the carpet looked dry, everywhere I stepped or put pressure on would end up soaking wet. Turns out the leak was coming from my neighbor's garage and seeped up into my carpet. As a result, this is what my room looks like now:
Not only is all my carpet lifted up and my furniture shifted to one side, but there are two giant industrial fans blowing nonstop in order to dry the carpet. It's supposed to take three days! That means three days of me climbing over furniture to make it into my closet since my bed is now blocking my closet door. And three days of sleeping on the couch. Just how I was planning on spending my week off from work.

But instead of ending on a bummer note, let me share with you my latest obsession. I never listen to the radio, so while I'm sure everyone else in the world already knows this song, I've only just recently fallen in love with B.O.B.'s "Nothing on You." I'm not generally a big fan of rap (I find most rap songs to be shallow, perverse and/or stupid), but I like B.O.B. I should've known I'd love him since he is currently on tour with one of my other fave rappers, Lupe Fiasco. So here's the video for his extra popular single. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails