Friday, April 2, 2010

I Wish They All Could Be California Girls

Red Sweater - Moda International via Goodwill
White Hidden Mickey Scarf - Disneyland, gift from nephew
Gray Pleated Sweater Dress - Old Navy
Black Patent Belt - Banana Republic
Black Suede Flats - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters

So, true story. I was actually wearing tights this morning when I left my house. My awesome black, gray and red argyle tights, to be exact. At 7 am I felt like it was cold enough for tights, but by noon I was over it. Also, this is my sweater dress that I love. I've had it for years and it's really a winter staple for me. Pretty soon it will be too warm to wear it, so I better enjoy it while it lasts.
The day ended up being so nice weather-wise, that I even ended up taking my nephew and cousin for a bike ride. The beach is about 10 blocks away (downhill), and I was way out of shape, but it was still super fun. Of course, a bike ride meant a change to a more California-casual outfit.
White V-neck T-shirt - Nollie, PacSun
Denim Boyfriend Shorts - Levi's ($6!)
Checkerboard Slip-Ons - Vans, Urban Outfitters

Obviously I didn't put too much thought into this ensemble. This is the first time I wore these shorts. I bought them a few months ago, as an investment for spring, and they are extra comfy! Although, I don't exactly think they are the most flattering on me, but when have I ever let that stop me? Regardless, riding down the esplanade with the sea breeze in my hair, I felt like a quintessential beach girl.
Anyway, this post has already gone on for way to long, so I will leave you all with this terribly awkward picture of me and my beloved beach cruiser. Note my new bicycle basket I just bought at Target. And yes, that is a Mickey Mouse water bottle in my basket. What can I say? I'm a Disney freak.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great sweater dress, I'm pretty sure that the tights worked very well with the outfit. The whole day sounded like a fun one and I envy the weather, it's still pretty cold where I am even though the sun is out :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had lots of tights mornings and bare legs afternoons lately, love your beach photos and bike shots. Look how cute your little vans are!

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure no shoes on my gigantic size 10 feet have ever been described as "cute" or "little," so thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails