Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Remember When I Lost Mind

Black Blazer - GAP
Yellow Sleeveless Sundress - Calvin Klein, Ross ($13!)
Black Elastic Raffia Belt - Forever 21
Sheer Dot Stockings - H&M
Black Pumps - Attention, Kmart

Whew. This has been a crazy hectic weekend, so it's nice to finally have a moment to regroup and recap what I've been up to the past few days.


Friday night my Mother and I went to the Indian Film Festival of L.A. (at the Arclight in Hollywood) to see the film Three Idiots. In my last post I described my obsession with all things Austen. My other obsession - Bollywood. In fact, if I could find someone to teach me, my greatest dream would be to learn Hindi so I could watch my beloved movies without subtitles.
Three Idiots is actually the top grossing film of ALL TIME in India, and having seen it finally, I completely understand why. It was so good. There was slapstick comedy, musical numbers, tragedy, romance - everything I could ask for from a film. Plus, it starred two of my favorite actors Kareena Kapoor and Aamir Khan (who looks like an Indian Jude Law!). For any of you out there who don't mind reading subtitles, I highly recommend it.

On Friday, I also had some friends from San Diego come visit. They stayed for the weekend which meant they kept me busy. Saturday was spent doing major shopping at the local malls (since somehow the ones in my area are supposed to be better than those in San Diego), and at night we had a major Wii Guitar Hero battle. Juvenile, yes, but oh so fun.
That brings me to today. I haven't worn this dress in quite a while so I figured it was time to wear it again. Really, I just used it as I backdrop for some new purchases. First, I finally got my dot tights that I've been searching for. I got them at H&M for a measly $6 for two pairs. Jackpot!

I also just bought this blazer yesterday. I've been searching for a new black blazer for a while and I like this one, but it cost a little more than I usually pay for this sort of thing. I've gotten so used to thrifting clothing that I am reluctant to pay more than $5 for anything lately. Does that ever happen to you? The jacket cost $17 (marked down from $88). I love the fit and style of it, but a part of me keeps thinking, "That could've been three dresses at the flea market!" Crazy, I know.

7 comments:

  1. That little dress is precious, love it with the belt and blazer.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! ^___^

    I know what you mean though, I go for sales so often that anything more than $10 seems like it might not be worthwhile. But $17 for a blazer is a good deal!!! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always manage to look so cheerful and classy! i'm digging these polka dotted tights and sunny dress...

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i found this blog post while google-searching for the indian film fest, but damn is that a cute outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfits....and I agree 3 idiots was good :) I am now following you :)

    check out my blog may be?? :)
    http://rosebarbie23.blogspot.com/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your dress and i LOVE that you've got me daydreamin' about an indian jude law :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails