Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Fought the Law . . .

Red Corduroy Coat - Mossimo, Target
Chiffon Owl Print Tunic - She Said, JC Penney
Black Raffia Elastic Belt - Forever 21
Black Ruched Leggings - Zara
Black Wedges - Aerosoles, Kohl's

. . . and I won! Okay, so maybe I didn't really 'fight the law' so much as I worked in harmony with it today since I had jury duty. This is only my second time having to serve, and I have a love/hate relationship with the whole process. If I didn't have to miss work (and getting paid), I'd relish the thought of serving on a jury and getting to learn the inner workings of the judicial system. I've always loved law and probably would have been a lawyer if I were more ambitious.
Me & My Juror Badge

Nevertheless, in L.A. county we have the one day or one trial system, which means if we don't get put onto a jury by the end of the first day we serve, then we've fulfilled our duty. Not only did I not get put onto a jury, I even got sent home early at 2:30 since their were no more courts in session. Woo hoo! Basically, I spent the morning hanging out in the jury room, studying, doing work on my laptop, and watching dvds.

I even got to finish the new BBC production of Emma (starring the adorable Johnny Lee Miller and Romola Garai) that I've been trying to watch all week. In case you were wondering, it was super great, a million times better than the Gwyneth Paltrow version (even though I own and love that version too). Here's a little insight into my personality: I love all things Jane Austen and gladly read her books and watch films based on her books repeatedly.This is kind of rehashing of outfits I've worn before, but I liked how it turned out. I was put together and still comfortably dressed for a day spent sitting in plastic chairs.



2 comments:

  1. Nice outfit, really summery which makes me feel jealous because I live in LA and I was freezing in Pasadena (it went from 52 to 59, which I didn't think was much improvement).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering the contest that beso.com sponsored on Calivintage. We invite you to enter another contest we're running where you can win a Kitchen Aid Mixer. Our Style Director will be reviewing the entries and choosing the winning recipe. Check it out at: http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/bake-up-summer-sweets.

    Thanks again,
    The Beso Team
    Beso.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails