Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Awkward Girl

Purple Cardigan - Canyon River Blues, Sears ($6)
Black Leotard - Danskin via Goodwill ($2)
Blue Flower Necklace - Old Navy ($2)
Satin Floral Skirt - Jaclyn Smith, Kmart ($2)
Purple Floral Fishnets - Tilly's ($2)
Black Pumps - Attention, Kmart ($10)

Today was a ho-hum Tuesday. Pretty uneventful, unless you count watching LOST as an event. Which I kind of do. Still, I enjoyed getting dressed for my meeting tonight. Especially since everything I wore cost so little. Seriously, my grand total for everything was under $25! I just bought this skirt last Sunday. It was on the clearance rack at Kmart. I love the patterns, color palette and especially the fishtail hem at the back, which didn't really come across in any of my pictures.
Looking at it now, the satiny fabric isn't really doing anything for my hips, but I still love it. I was also a little concerned about my lacy tights being a little too over-the-top with the whole outfit, but in the end I just went for it. I'm pretty sure some of my friends thought I looked a little zany, but I'm also pretty sure that they are used to it at this point.
And here's a close-up for my necklace. It's a little more statement making than the stuff I usually wear, but I think it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails