Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Your Sword's Grown Old And Rusty

Black Tank top (under dress) - Speechless, Ross
Ethnic Print Sundress - Handmade, Goodwill
Black Double Buckle Belt - Forever 21
Black Gladiator Sandals - Payless
Bird Connector Ring - Forever 21

This dress really is the love of my life. I bought it last year before I even knew ethnic prints would be a "thing," and I am so glad that I did. It's very reminiscent of African prints, which makes it rather ironic that I had to buy it at Goodwill even though my own father is from Africa (Ghana/Nigeria) and could have easily gotten a dozen of these sorts of dresses made for me. Hilarious, I know.

It made it into the high 70s today, so I was really besides myself with joy as I soaked up the sun. I even busted out my go-to summer staple - the gladiator sandal. These ones I've had for at least 3 years, and they are getting a little rusty, but I can't bear to part with them. Also, I finally repainted my toes. It's matte green #2 from Urban Outfitters, and I painted them last night before I knew what I was going to wear today. Who knew the color would perfectly match my dress?
Is it even possible to take flattering pictures of feet? Anyway, since it cooled down in the evening, I was back in my stockings for meeting tonight.
Black Striped Blazer - Old Navy
Blue Shift - Vintage, Long Beach Flea Market ($5!)
Black Flats - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters

I never really realized how blue this dress is until I saw it photographed. I must have been blinding everyone tonight. Nevertheless, I still love this dress because it has such a classic shape and fits perfectly. It's one of a few dresses I scored at the LB flea market when I with my friends a couple months ago. It's a little shorter than I normally go, but with tights and flats, I didn't have as much of an urge to pull it down constantly.

Aren't the little buttons adorable?

1 comment:

  1. Love your dress! Matter of fact I have a similar shift that I totally love. Haven't worn it yet but I'm dying to. I think the shade of blue is called cerulean. visit mt blog sometime...
    http://fabulista876.blogspot.com/
    You make me wanna wear dresses daily. Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails