Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We Really Did Try To Make It

Gold Hoops - Kohl's ($1!)
Off-white Cardigan - The Limited via Goodwill
Cream Tie-neck Blouse - Vintage via Goodwill ($2!)
Off-white Wool Pencil Skirt - J. Crew via Goodwill ($2!)
Cream Knit Knee Socks - Charlotte Russe ($1!)
Brown Leather Riding Boots - Vintage Ralph Lauren via Goodwill ($10!)

It is late. I had all intentions of posting this outfit earlier in the day, but that just didn't work out. That being said, today was my winter white ensemble. I love the irony in the fact that in most places across the country 50 degree weather is a reprieve from winter, but here in my town 50 degrees is winter. I even wore my navy wool peacoat this morning because I was so cold!
I really felt put together wearing this today, albeit put together in a grandmotherly sort of way. I didn't realize until I was posting that the majority of my outfit's pieces came from Goodwill. Altogether, the grand total for my outfit was under $20. I take pride in that for sure. Even if I'm not exactly dressing my age.

I bought a yellow dress at Target today. I could lie and say I was preparing for spring, but really I just love yellow dresses and the one I found (seen here) was only $10 on clearance. This new one makes five yellow dresses in my possession, but I can't help myself. Besides, I have some events coming up at the end of the month, so I can always justify having another dress, right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails