Friday, March 19, 2010

This Time Baby I'll Be Bulletproof

Black Scarf - Mom's
Olive Maxi Dress - Target via Goodwill ($2)
Layered Chain Necklace - Rue 21
Black Wedges Heels - Aerosoles, Kohl's

Another run-of-the-mill day. I actually managed to wake up on time today, and yet I still ended up running late. That is sort of why I wore this outfit. I was rushing, but I really don't think you can go wrong with a long dress and a scarf - pretty foolproof. When the marine layer and fog rolled in later in the afternoon I just added a cardigan for warmth and was good to go.
I am just getting back home from taking my nephew and cousin to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Since the Wimpy Kid books are the only books I've ever seen my nephew read out of his own free will, I felt obligated to take him to the movie. I have to encourage his literacy however I can. I was pleasantly surprised because, for a kid flick, it was pretty funny, and there was nothing offensive, which is pretty much all I ask from any movie I take kids to.

So this might make me seem pretty lame, but one of the preview trailers I saw tonight was for the Ramona and Beezus movie, and I am way excited for it. What can I say, I was pretty much a book fiend as a child and read everything I could get my hands on. Much of my elementary school years was spent immersed in everything Beverly Cleary wrote from Ralph S. Mouse to Henry Higgins to Ramona Quimby, age 8. So if it's wrong to be psyched about one of my favorite childhood books becoming a movie, then I don't want to be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails