Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Start Of Something New

Mauve Velvet Blazer - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center
Floral Print Blouse - Charlotte Russe ($3!)
Black Pencil Skirt - Windsor
Silver Flower Necklace - Forever 21
Black Platform Pumps - Attention, Kmart

I did not go to the gym this morning. I feel pretty bad about it, but there is nothing quite like sleeping in until after 9 am and then waking up to eat a leisurely breakfast. At least I will be well-rested for the upcoming work week. Also, I love this jacket. It's velvety soft and a lovely shade of mauve. Guess how much it cost? Only $4 at a thrift store that my mother and I recently discovered.

Well if I'm being honest, we didn't really "discover" the store so much as we were told about it. A couple weeks ago, one of my grandmother's nurses happened to mention to my mom that she would get great deals at a thrift store in the area, and of course my mother had to find out where it was. So yesterday we finally managed to swing by, and it was super.
Here's a glimpse of the racks and racks of clothes that greeted us at the South Street Thrift Center in Long Beach. There was so much stuff and their Saturday special was 50% of all items with colored tags, but we didn't really get to buy a lot since we only had an hour to go through everything. Still, I did get my new blazer and a red pencil skirt (since my old one is now too big) for just $6 altogether. Hopefully I'll get to back soon when I can spend more time there.
And isn't this blouse awesome? It's black which I love, but spring appropriate because of all the pretty flowers. I got it on clearance a couple months ago, but it is just now making its first blog appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails