Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just Get Back Up When It Knocks You Down

Black Sunglasses - Guess by Marciano via optometrist
White Blazer - Ann Taylor via Goodwill ($2!)
Blue Sleeveless Dress - George via Goodwill ($2!)
Blue Pointed Flats - Xhilaration, Target ($!4)

Want to know what knocked me down? My ridiculously late night at Disneyland yesterday. In fact, I wore my big prescription shades today because I had horrendous bags under my eyes this morning. Today all I wanted to do was sleep, but I sucked it up and woke up at the reasonable time of 8:45 am, like a real grown-up. It helped that I didn't have to put any thought into what I was going to wear.

I've had this outfit set out in my bedroom all week, but was waiting for a sufficiently warm (and appropriate) day to wear it. Many of my friends complimented me on it, so I must have done something right. Of course, my mother took all the credit since she was the one who talked me into buying this dress when I was on the fence about it. It didn't really appeal to me at the time, but now that spring seems to be right around the corner, its floral charms have definitely grown on me.

On a completely unrelated note, I just got the newest Michael Buble cd, Crazy Love, and it is superb. I know Buble typically skews to the older housewife set, but I can't help but love his voice and the modern spin he puts on old standards. So maybe I've lost all my hipster street cred now, but I think I'll manage to cope somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails