Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It Would Be So Nice

Leopard Print Cardigan - Harve Benard, Sears ($5!)
White V-neck Tee - Old Navy ($3!)
Black Jeggings - Jolt, Nordstrom Rack ($7!)
Cream Perforated Suede Oxfords - Deena & Ozzy, Urban Outfitters

So I was exceptionally indulgent today and did absolutely nothing. That's right, I took a day off from my various jobs and decided to just relax and recover from a pretty busy week/weekend. I woke up at the crack of 9:45 am (unheard of, for me) and then headed to a morning Pilates class. I realize that most wouldn't consider going to the gym on a day off as something good, but it was a treat for me since I typically have to take my classes in the night, after a long day of work. I came home, showered and then just lazed about until the afternoon when I finally had to get dressed in proper clothes in order to pick up my nephew and cousin from school.
Sure, I probably could have gone to pick them up in my pajamas (the school is only 5 blocks away), but I decided to spare them the embarrassment. And it gave me a chance to wear two recent purchases: my leopard cardigan and black jeggings. I love cardigans, so I'll pretty much buy any one if it's cheap and/or has an interesting design. This one had both going for it. And I have wholeheartedly embraced the "jegging" trend because they are so comfy, so when I found these pants marked down 75% at Nordstrom Rack (from $25) I had to buy them. You will surely see more of them in the future.

Nevertheless, if I'm being honest, I am currently back in pajamas and contemplating an afternoon nap. Don't judge me, for I'll be back to the old grind come tomorrow. Let me just enjoy this while it lasts.

4 comments:

  1. I love the look, so relaxed and chic!
    I'm also a sucker for cardigans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the oxfords! I've been looking for a pair of flat ones that wouldn't alter my perception of myself >> Unsuccessfully.

    Oh, and I'm glad you fixed the comments!

    Enter my giveaway:
    http://kireinano.blogspot.com/p/g-i-v-e-w-y.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not too sure about oxfords. I love the style, but sometimes I don't think they are very flattering on me. For example, these ones always kind of remind me of orthopedic shoes. Still, I've been known to wear things I love regardless of whether they flatter me or not, so I'll probably keep at it. So persevere! I'm sure if you keep looking, you'll find some that work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look simply charming – don’t let me steal those oxfords. oh yes, and i haven’t seen many pull of the “jeggings” look, but you’re looking absolutely comfortable and chic!

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails