Saturday, March 27, 2010

Find One Who's Golden

Gold Hoops - Kohl's
Yellow Cardigan - Old Navy
Yellow Twist-neck Sheath - Merona, Target ($9.99!)
Yellow Patent Skinny Belt - Windsor (came with a shirt)
Metallic Gold Clutch - Random store in Fox Hills Mall
Metallic Gold Pumps - Steve Madden, Burlington Coat Factory

Here is what I wore in theory today. I spent the day with a lot of friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in months. I bought this yellow dress at Target a month ago and couldn't figure out what I would wear it with. I decided to be brave today and go almost completely monochromatic with the yellow. I think I blinded a few people with this lemon hue, but I pretty much only got positive responses. Plus, I felt very cheery and springtime-y.
And here's what my outfit ended up being in practice. It was so warm out in Norco, and I was around so many people that I could not bear to keep my sweater on. Without the sweater the intensity of all the yellow was lessened greatly, and that was probably a good thing. And in case your wondering what the deal with my hair is, it was ridiculously windy out there. This photo was the best of the bunch, hair-wise.

FYI, I know I promised a recap of the Morning Benders concert I went to Thursday night, but frankly I don't see it happening anymore. In actuality, I only went to the show to see Miniature Tigers, which is the band that opened for the Morning Benders. I first saw MT when they opened for Say Anything a few months back (which I posted about here), and I fell in love with them.

On Thursday they put on a good show, but I was a little bummed since they mainly played new songs off their forthcoming CD and not any of their old stuff. I stayed for some of Morning Benders, and they were alright but a little too mellow for my tastes. My photos I took at the show were pretty lame, so don't feel like you're missing out on too much since I didn't post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails