Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thunder Only Happens When It Rains

So while it rained yesterday, today it was a mild 60 degrees and sunny. It's all so confusing for me, which is why I never know how I am supposed to dress. Here is what I wore last night to my meeting:
Studded Bow Cloche - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters
Black/White Sweater Jacket - Vintage, Goodwill
Overdyed Leotard - Danskin, Goodwill
Tweed Pencil Skirt - Isaac Mizrahi, Goodwill
Sweater Leggings - Gift from Mom
Leather Booties - Merona, Target
Quilted Gloves - Gift from friend

I felt very lady-like in this whole outfit, and I was totally in my comfort zone with the black/white color scheme. What I'm most proud of, however, is how cheap this whole outfit was. Adding the cost of all the items together (hat-$5, jacket-$2, leotard-$2, skirt-$2, booties-$10), this whole outfit only cost me only $21! Not too bad.

Today it was cold in the morning, but sunny and mild in the afternoon. So I skipped the coat, but wore a lot of layers.
Striped Blazer - Old Navy
Plaid Cardigan - Ross
Sparkle Tank Top(not pictured) - Ross
Pleated Sweaterdress - Old Navy
Black Tights - Target
Cobalt Blue Flats - Xhiliration, Target
Scarf - Mom's

I bought these flats at Target over the weekend for only $4! I'll be the first to say that I don't really need another pair of flats, but for $4 I couldn't pass them up. I think I'll be able to do more with them in the spring when I won't be confined to wearing tights, but I love their bright color.
Though I have no photo, today I also found a pair of black platform pumps. I have been searching for a plain pair of pumps for a while now so that I could finally throw out my old mary-janes that are really on their last leg. What mattered most to me was that they didn't cost too much money, and the pair I found today were only $10! Woo hoo. I'm sure they will make an appearance shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails