Sunday, February 14, 2010

There Goes My Hero

Red Cardigan - Moda International, Goodwill
Yellow Ruffled Shell - Attention, Kmart
Navy High-waist Pleated Skirt - Zara, Goodwill
Metallic Gold Pumps - Steve Madden, Burlington Coat Factory
Bracelet - Gift from Japan

This outfit was inspired by a photo of blogger Kendi that I found here on Weardrobe. I've had this ruffled blouse for a while now, but I could never find a way to wear it that really worked. I'm happy with the way it turned out. And there was the added bonus of being decked out in my fave superhero's trademark colors. Besides, I couldn't help but wear bright colors on a day where it was a balmy 72 degrees! (Look, no tights!)
I bought these gold pumps to wear to a friend's wedding 2 years ago, and I've probably only worn them twice since. They are just so awesome and shiny, that I always feel they are too much for my usual outfits. Today, however,I was brave, and I think it worked. Yes, the shoes do make a statement, but it was good complement for the simplicity of the rest of my outfit.
I also was glad to wear this bracelet, which is originally from Japan. The blue/red/gold combo always reminds me of Wonder Woman, so it kept with the superhero theme I was going for. And of course the other bracelet is my leather id bracelet from Disneyland (only $9 at the little store right around the corner from the Tiki room). I never take it off, so that's in every outfit photo.

While I did do a little shopping today, my true joy came from the four skirts I just got back from my tailor. And by tailor, I mean my good friend K's mother, who can do almost anything with her sewing machine. Even though they aren't really new skirts, they feel new since they've finally been taken in to fit me properly. I'm sure they will make appearances shortly. So at least now you know why I look so happy in this picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails