Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just Because I'm Losing Doesn't Mean I'm LOST

Floral Scarf - Divided, H&M (purchased in Spain)
Black Velvet Blazer w/ Pinstripes - Bitten by SJP via Goodwill
Gray Pinstripe Sheath - Merona via Goodwill
Black Leather Perforated Flats - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters

So I was working with a lot of stripes today. Although, they where all in a neutral color palette so it wasn't that dramatic. I spent most of yesterday sleeping off my cold and folding laundry in my pajamas. Today I opted to join the functioning world again, but I wanted to stay bundled up to prevent a relapse. The weather was in the low-to-mid 60s so I dressed accordingly - no coat, but thick socks and a light scarf to prevent any early morning chill. Suffice to say, I think I am almost fully recovered.
Even more important than my outfit, however, is the fact that LOST is finally back! I am one of the biggest LOSTies out there (I even made shirts for me and my friends one year), so I am ecstatic the show is finally going to end and give me all the answers I have been dying to know. While last night's premiere was great, it did leave me a bit underwhelmed. That being said, I did watch all two hours again today with my BFF so we could analyze the entire thing together.

[SPOILER ALERT!] I enjoyed the whole concept of both eventualities of the characters being shown simultaneously, and I loved finally learning who/what the smoke monster is. But a lot of the episode felt like stuff I already knew like the real identity of fLocke (faux+Locke) or the fact that Sayid would live. Other parts felt like filler, particularly the whole drama of redsicovering Juliet only to have her die again. What a waste of time, especially since it took me 6 months to get over her death in the first place!

I'm also hoping there will be more clarity as to whether the people hanging around with ageless Richard are on the same team as the hippie Temple crowd. That seems a bit unclear to me now. All of that aside, this ep really reminded me of the million nitpicky questions I've had for the past 5 years and I desperately hope all of them are answered by the time this season is over. So in the meantime, I am keeping the faith. I
will understand this all one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails