Friday, February 5, 2010

Get Back To Where You Once Belonged

Silver Leaf Earrings - Claire's
Black 3/4 Sleeve Blouse - GAP
Pink Floral Print Sleeveless Dress - Jonathan Martin, from at least 7 years ago
Red Sleeveless Sweater Vest - Koret Career, Goodwill
Red Opaque Tights - Xhiliration, Target
Black Opaque Tights - HUE, Ross
(not pictured: black pashmina, black Forever 21 Trench Coat)

So I woke up this morning and was shocked to find it was seriously raining. I know my photo makes it look like snow, but that's clearly just my camera playing tricks. Now rain doesn't particularly upset me, but pretty much every time it rains in L.A. people drive like maniacs and act like it's a state of emergency. Poor sheltered beach folk.
I've had the dress I wore today for ages. It's very much a summer piece, but since I layered so many other things with it, I managed to keep warm and dry. I especially liked my tights. I was inspired by Mel at ideegeniale who layered yellow tights under her black ones for warmth. Granted, I am sure her idea of cold and mine are vastly different, but I still liked the idea. Plus, the muted red went really well with the whole outfit.

Now I had been doing so well about not shopping this week, but yesterday I fell off the wagon. I went with a couple friends to the mall yesterday afternoon/evening. At Express I found my dream pair of shorts on clearance. I've been lusting after sequined clothing for the past couple months, but haven't been able to find a piece I loved the look and price of. The Express shorts where perfect - not to short, loose-fitting, black, and covered in tiny matte sequins. Just enough excitement, but not too flashy. I was determined to not buy anything, however, so I just walked out of the store empty-handed even though the shorts were only $12!

Well all today I was still thinking about the proverbial "shorts that got away," so after work I gave in and swung by the mall to pick them up.
Am I weak-willed? Yes. But I am also the proud owner of some awesome new sequin shorts! Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails