Saturday, February 20, 2010

All That I Can Say

Yellow Cardigan - Old Navy
Grey Paisley Blouse - Worthington, Sears ($3)
Cyan Pencil Skirt - Amanda Smith, Goodwill
Grey Argyle Tights - JC Penney
Black Suede Flats - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters

All that I can say is that right now I am STUFFED to capacity. I had some friends over tonight, and that meant lots of homemade food - green chile enchiladas (vegetarian for me), spanish rice (vegan for my cousin), refried beans and churros (vegan). And my friend Q even brought a homemade chocolate cake, so really there was too much goodness to handle.
Anyhow, this outfit is what I wore this morning, before I embarked on my major culinary endeavors. I just bought this blouse last Monday even though I didn't really love it, but since it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. I wasn't overjoyed with this getup, but it was okay. I love wearing my yellow sweater, so at least I had that going for me.

On a side note, today was my first time making homemade churros. I also had to make them vegan for my cousin, but it wasn't too difficult. The recipe I used came from VeganMexicanFood.com, and it was pretty successful. The main thing I learned was to not let the oil get too hot so that each churro could stay in long enough to cook all the way through. Gooey undercooked churros aside, they were extra tasty and way cheaper than the $4 (!) ones I buy at Disneyland. I highly recommend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails