Saturday, January 30, 2010

Somehow We Keep Marching On

Black Sunglasses - Kenneth Cole, Optometrist
Red Peacoat - Old Navy Outlet ($12!)
Striped Shirtdress w/detachable bow tie - Vintage, Goodwill ($2!)
Black Over-the-knee Socks - Forever 21
Black Sliver Wedge Flats - Madeline Wickham, Ross

Just another average Saturday. This red peacoat is another recent purchase. I found it a few weeks ago on the clearance rack at an Old Navy in the Lake Elsinore Outlets. It was marked down to $22.99 and was an additional 50% off! I'd been looking for a coat in a bright color, and while I would have preferred a more exciting color (i.e. green, pink, yellow), it was too good of a deal to pass up. I've got no regrets because it complements a lot of my clothes really well.
I have come to realize that I am at my best and most confident when I am wearing a dress. If my friends wouldn't think I was crazy, I would probably wear a dress every day. This particular dress was bought on black Friday and is one of my favorites. Every time I wear it I get compliments from strangers. Today, for example, when I was walking through Forever 21 an older gentleman stopped me and told me that he liked my dress better than anything else in the store. It's nice to get a little outfit validation every now and then.

I bought a few items from yesterday's $2 sale at Goodwill and hope to have some photos (albeit, bootleg ones) put up later. I didn't spend too much, but I did get a few things I think have some potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails