Sunday, November 8, 2009

Swimming Sea Of Stars

So here's my extra long weekend update post. First, what I wore Saturday morning/afternoon:

Cream Cardigan - Target
Striped Linen Tank Dress -Chadwicks, gift from sister
Brown Skinny Belt - Claires
Brown Patterned Fishnets - Target
Brown Suede Maryjane Wedges - Payless

I've never worn these wedges with this dress. Originally I intended to wear some brown flat boots, but I like the way it turned out with the heels. And while I typically see this as a summer dress, I feel that I managed to make it more fall worthy with the tights and neutral cardigan. That is, until I spilled spaghetti sauce on it while lunching at BJ's. Fortunately, it doesn't show in my photo.

Now today I had the privilege of taking my cousins to an L.A. Galaxy v. Chivas soccer game. Not going to lie, I've got pretty much no love for soccer, but it turned out to be pretty fun. David Beckham was as cute as ever with his faux hawk and shirtlessness, I got a free pretzel and t-shirt and the Galaxy actually won 1-0. Not bad for an event I didn't even have to buy a ticket for.
When it came to my attire for the game, I was dressing strictly for comfort and warmth. So no judgements please.
Grey Linen Scarf - Mom's, thrifted
White V-neck Shirt - Old Navy
Plaid Thermal Sweatshirt - Volcom, Macy's
Medium Wash Skinny Jeans - dear by ab, Steve & Barry's
Silver Hightop Sneakers - Nike, Urban Outfitters

Having seen this picture, I kind of think these are the least flattering jeans I own. This pretty much reminds me why I tend to stick to a dark wash jean. Anything light seems to make my hips look a million times larger. I don't think the shapeless sweatshirt was doing much to help the situation either. Or the random guys standing behind me. But at least I was warm!

And I end with a close up of my sneakers. These are my most recent sneaker acquisition (3 or 4 months ago), and while I had absolutely no justifiable reason for buying them, they were such a great price at UO that I couldn't pass them up. Who wouldn't love something so shiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails