Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Silver Lining

So it has been a lifetime since my last post. Life is hectic, as usual, but I'm hoping to get on track with a series of posts tonight.
Black Ruffled Sweatshirt - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters
Denim Pull-On Leggings - Silence & Noise, Urban Outfitters
Black Leather Booties - Target

This outfit was worn way back on Friday the 13th to a small get-together. My friend was kind of guilted into hosting a jewelry party (think Pampered Chef or Tupperware, but for high-priced silver), and I was forced to support her. Don't get me wrong, I love jewelry, but the stuff was pretty expensive so it was a little disappointing.

Whatever the case, I opted for heels instead of my typical go-to flats because I wanted to seem a little more dressed up. On the flip side, I wore a sweatshirt and denim leggings for comfort and optimal eating capabilities (since there were a TON of delicious desserts). You haven't really lived until you have eaten snickerdoodle cupcakes.

While this is the only time I've photographed them, I've pretty much been living in these Silence & Noise leggings since I bought them last week. They are so comfortable that I want to wear them everywhere. I probably should have bought another pair while they were still on clearance, but oh well.

In the end, out of solidarity, I did end up purchasing something at the jewelry party. Here is the ring I chose:
It's freshwater pearl and sterling silver, and at $32 (including shipping & taxes) it was the cheapest thing in the catalog. While I like it and know it is very me, I had hopes of buying a gold ring since pretty much everything I own is silver. Still, it's very dainty and lady-like, so I can't say I'm too bummed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails