Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Can Feel It Coming

I've been remiss in mentioning that I have recently acquired a little part-time job at my local Urban Outfitters. Now, I'm not really in it for the money since I already have two very respectable, grown-up jobs that pay me more than UO ever would. I'm doing it because a part of me has always wanted to work retail. I figure, I'm already always at the mall, so I might as well get paid to do it, right? I suppose we'll see how I really feel about it once the holiday season is in full swing.

That being said, last Saturday (11/14) was my second day of work, and it was crazy hectic. While I have no photos of my "work" outfit, it was pretty much a rehashing of the shorts-tights-boots ensemble I posted here. Replace the t-shirt with a black leotard, remove the vest, and exchange the herringbone shorts for denim ones, and you've got my work outfit. Now, add the vest back, and you have the outfit I wore to see Vampire Weekend that same night.
So it's pretty ridiculous how great the VW show was last weekend. They played in a VFW hall in Lomita, pretty much the middle of nowhere when it comes to Southern California beach towns. The locale made the crowd skew young, but I didn't care. The show sold out, but my friend and I got there early enough so we were able to stand no more than a yard away from the makeshift stage. I mean, I was pretty much staring Ezra (Koenig-lead singer) in the face. That was a far cry from where I stood when I saw them last year at the Wiltern.
They played old songs and a ton of new tracks from their forthcoming album, and the more intimate venue allowed for more of their personalities to shine though. At the Wiltern show Ezra had a bit of a perfectionist streak and was a little more uptight, but last Saturday he was extremely likable. And, most importantly, I was able to be that much closer to my band crush Rostam (Batmanglij-vocals, keyboard and a slew of other instruments). Isn't he adorable?
Really, the show just made me even that much more eager for their sophomore album Contra to finally hit stores. Having heard most of it live already, I know it will be amazing. In the meantime, at least I have their new single "Cousins"(just released on iTunes) to tide me over until January 12. And I will end this post with my secret shame: yes, I bought another concert t-shirt.
But it is extra soft and comfy, so that counts for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails