Friday, November 20, 2009

For You I'd Bleed Myself Dry

Brown Imitation Wayfarers - Urban Outfitters
Gold Flower Earrings - From my Grandmother
Mustard Yellow Ruffle Dress - Downeast Basics via Susie's Deals ($3!)
Red Wool Cardigan = Moda International via Goodwill ($2!)
Gold/Red/Blue Chevron Bangle - Gift from China
Red Opaque Tights - Target
Brown Lace Tights - Target via Goodwill
Brown Suede Maryjane Wedges - Payless, 4 or 5 years ago

When I was driving this morning at 7 am, I could barely see three feet in front of me. Nothing says beach winter like an uber-thick layer of fog. So, in all honesty, this outfit also consisted of my tan Gap trenchcoat and a taupe scarf for most of the morning. But by 10 am the fog burned off, and I was able to show my true colors (pun intended) on what turned out to be a nice, mild sunny day.

(ignore my shiny forehead)
Most of my daily companions are fairly traditional, so I am usually pretty wary of wearing anything too zany, for fear I may be ridiculed or just subjected to puzzled looks. I was brave today, though, and attempted to wear a pair of very bright tights in a way that was noticeable, but not over-the-top. I think layering the brown lace over the red made it way more subdued and much more palatable for my friends. I was also brave enough to not hide my tights under a pair of tall boots, which is always my natural inclination. I let them shine brightly and boldly in my maryjane wedges.
On a side note, I am really loving combinations involving primary colors lately. Red, blue and yellow complement each other so well that the possiblities are endless. But if I am honest with myself, this latest fixation may stem from my lifelong obsession with Superman. Does that make me lame? Better yet, don't answer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails