Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Everything Works In Your Arms

Black Velvet Shruken Blazer - Jolt, Macy's
Hematite Bead Necklace - Redondo Beach pier years ago
Buffalo Plaid Bodysuit - Heritage, Forever 21
Tweed Pencil Skirt - Isaac Mizrahi, Target via Goodwill ($2)
Black Over-the-knee Socks - Forever 21
Black Cutout Mary-janes - Bakers

So I am back to my old monochromatic ways. But I am so pleased with this outfit that I can't bear to chastise myself for not wearing more color. I am really proud of myself for incorporating some really old items with new purchases. The necklace I've probably had since I was about 10. The jacket I've had for at least 6 years. The bodysuit is a recent purchase that I just couldn't figure out what to do with. The skirt is new to me via Goodwill 2 weeks ago.

I also appreciate the variety of textures and patterns in this outfit. Even if I can't mix colors, at least I can mix my velvety soft jacket with a more masculine buffalo plaid and the classy salt/pepper tweed. So at least I have that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails