Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rainbow Connection

So I'm pretty much obsessed with this marbleized look I've recently adopted for my nails. I got the idea from a back issue of In Style that I scavenged from a friend's house. It basically involves a layer of black nail polish and then a layer of silver; then before the silver dries you add texture by dabbing the nail with a make-up sponge. Lastly, I used a quick dry top coat to give the nails a smooth finish. I love how the nail looks rough, but is smooth to the touch.

Not only did I manage to go to work, hit up the H&M grand opening and paint my nails today, but I also squeezed in a trip to one of our local Goodwill's. Lately I've been on the look out for pencil skirts since I don't really have many skirts. Here's what I ended up buying:
Not only did I get some skirts, I got some that were in awesomely vibrant colors. If these skirts don't motivate me to abandon my typically monochromatic ways, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails