Friday, October 30, 2009

Darling, Is This Love?

So today was the $2 apparel sale at my local Goodwill, and I didn't even know it. By the time I did find out (thanks mom!), it was already late, but I still decided to swing by around 7:30 pm. By then the racks had been picked pretty clean, yet I did manage to glean a few things I found interesting.
Ok, so I may be developing a skirt addiction now. But that's okay, because I can feel myself becoming more and more ladylike by the minute. On the left is a black/white tweed Isaac Mizrahi skirt. It fits great and will no doubt soon be a favorite of mine. On the right is a vintage mustard yellow 100% silk pencil skirt. While I am loathe to dry clean clothes, this skirt was a steal for just $2, and I couldn't resist the beautiful color. Plus, the tag says it was made in France! That might be as close as I'll ever get to France.
Next we have an Xhilaration blue tunic. I'm not sure exactly what my plans for this are, but it has potential, and for $2 I am certain I can find something to do with it. Now this white sweater is really the piece de resistance. Not only does it have embroidered satin appliques, rhinestones AND sequins - it also has shoulder pads! I typically steer clear of shoulder pads because my shoulders seem sufficiently large all by themselves, but the pads in this sweater are just subtle enough to add some structure without reaching football player territory. So basically I'm in love: with my sweater, with my other buys and especially with my grand spending total of only $8. Yay, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails