Sunday, September 27, 2009

Then I Must March To The Battery



This afternoon I was finally able to see Jane Campion's new film Bright Star. Being that it is about the tragic 3-year love affair the poet John Keats had with his muse, I kind of thought that I knew what to expect from the film. I was mistaken. Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved it, but by the end I was blubbering like a baby. I knew how it was going to end, and yet I was still so moved by the romance and sadness of it all. The costumes and lush British scenery coupled with Keats' poetry really made the film transcend the confines of what could have been just a sappy love story. I highly recommend it, but not for the faint of heart. Click here to see the film's trailer (and a glimpse of the star and my new celeb crush, Ben Whishaw).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails